There is a huge difference between flooring for home improvement and flooring for sports. It is essential to customize the arena to fit the needs of the sportspeople. This is part of ensuring the success of the athletes and players.
Sports flooring is essential for enhancing the performance of the athletes. It is also a way of keeping them safe from injuries and accidents. A sports facility with the normal floors will hurt the joints and the body. It causes pains to different parts of the body such as the waist, knees, among others.
Reasons for Sports Flooring
Sports are a part of keeping fit and exercising. It should not be a source of chronic pain in the joints due to a poor floor. Below are a few reasons that sporting floors are different;
- Are free from allergens; Sporting floors do not retain dust and other allergens. A standard floor should meet the standards in human-friendly material and manufacturing regulations.
- To offer protection from joint pains; every sportsperson desires to stay injury-free. The joints are most affected by the shock on the feet as one undertakes activities in the facilities. Sports floors should make use of soft materials that are shock absorbing. It helps to reduce the impact of feet and the floors.
- It offers traction; the finishing to sporting floors should protect the players from sliding. The traction is set according to the game that you are playing and the sporting equipment that you are using.
- Eco-friendly; most of the floors in the sports facilities are re-usable and can does not go to waste. The durability ensures that the floor requires minimal replacement.
- Prevents injuries; an ideal sports floor will keep the user safe as he/she engages in the indoor or outdoor activities. It is built to prevent severe injuries to the sportspeople.
Floors for Indoor Sports
When choosing the right sports flooring it is vital to factor the functionality of the room. Considering the activities that take place at the arena will tell what floor to use. For most indoor games such as basketball, volleyball, and gymnastics, hardwood flooring is the ideal solution. Other sports such as tennis can make use of rubber floors. The rubber floors are an ideal choice for facilities with heavy equipment and weights. It is durable and resistant to high pressure. Maple is a common material for indoor gyms and basketball floors. Fields for athletes utilize the polyurethane to caution the feet against the impact while running.
Floors for Outdoor Sports
Outdoor sporting spaces are prone to the adverse effects of the weather. Grass and artificial turf are the most common materials for the outdoor pitch. The floor is vital in absorbing shock and impact while playing. It is essential to have a proper drainage system to avoid waterlogging. Outdoor racing tracks are popular with rubber flooring that offers traction to the athletes.
The advancement in technology enables architects to develop safe and injury-free sporting facilities. It is essential to consult the professionals before embarking on the flooring project.